Episode 38: Believing in Your Creativity with Jessica Dante
Welcome to a very special conversation about believing in your creativity and also reconnecting with girlfriends through a computer screen (yes, this is why we love the Internet).
In today’s episode, we connect with our friend Jess, whose currently living in London, but who we met while living in Italy. We first caught wind of Jess through her travel blog about all things Florence (where we lived) and used many of her articles to guide our travel experience. We thought of her as the “Florence guru” and one day, stumbled right into her.
Alas, a friendship was born!
After departing Italy and going our separate ways, we all kept tabs on one another and watched as our individual journeys began to unfold. Jess moved to London and created a new travel blog. Allie became a yoga teacher and began to teach online. Carly moved to Maine and pursued a masters degree.
And as the years passed by, our journeys became more similar, leading us to this conversation today, where we connect about all things online. We talk about fraudy feelings and what to do about them. We talk about shifting our mindset and identifying as a creative being. We talk about how blogging and being online has shaped us. We talk about getting on YouTube and what it’s like speaking into a camera. We talk about awkward photoshoots and what smile to use, the one with teeth, the pouty one, or the half smile.
And most importantly, we talk about how to stay connected to your inspiration.
This episode is jam packed with nuggets of wisdom, shared experiences, and a lot of laughs shared between three friends who each have the same intention….. to live our truth + dare to change!
Come listen in ladies, you don’t want to miss it!
p.s. – We also talk a lot about London, so don’t blame us if you get bit by the travel bug!
Learn about Jess:
Jess Dante founded Love and London, which helps visitors to her adopted hometown have the trip of a lifetime and experience the more local side of the city. She shares information with her 45,000+ community via her Youtube channel, blog, Instagram account, email list and digital products.
Where to Find Jess:
Mentioned by Jess:
- As women, we’re wired to question what we’re doing and why someone would waste their energy to read or watch something I create.
- I never considered myself a creative and wouldn’t put myself in that category. Now, I know that where I get the most inspiration is to create things on my own terms that will provide value to people.
- It’s hard to not always be online, this is something I struggle with.
- When I first started doing video, I was so bad at drawing on and on for a point that required one sentence. Looking back at my old videos, I’m so happy they don’t surface.
- I keep tabs of what people are asking me, whether it be in comments or Instagram, and I’ll add it to my list of future videos. I also look at my analytics for what people like the most and create similar videos, then linking them together. And also, sharing what people need to know before they get here, because I know London!
Tips for people to stay connected to their mission?
- Form a mastermind group with likeminded individuals, whether you do it in person or online, it’s helpful for problem solving and idea generation.
- If you’re doing a lot of online work, I recommend doing things live – in person, on YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram. It’s helpful to be reminded that there are people behind the comments and emails.
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 54: The FINAL Alfie Diaries.... yes, it's True! Carly here to tell you that today's episode is as raw and real as it gets. Life takes us on all kinds of journeys. My most recent journey lead me onto a sailboat, with Allie and our husbands, to the southern end...
Pick up the Pen Girlfriend, Let's Journal We know, we know. We sound like a broken tape recorder..... do this self-care practice, get quiet, take time to reflect, carve out time to take care of you, and yet here we are, dropping another podcast on this same topic....
Episode 52: Meditation 101: Get Zen With Us Become mindful is a huge part of this whole living your truth and daring to change thing. But what does that really mean? We define mindfulness as conscious living aka bringing our awareness to the present moment as often as...
Episode 51: The Alfie Diaries: Sinking, Plunging, and Smooth Sailing Welcome to the Alfie Diaries part 2, coming to you live from the island of Grenada. This past month has been filled with joy, laughter, fear, and frustration and there's no better way to cue you in...
Try some other hashtag or username