Episode 48: Taking Control of Your Diet
Inside each of our Queendom’s (aka our minds) we are the sole rulers and we decide which thoughts and feelings are going to be in charge of our days. It’s simple really… the more love & compassion we give to ourselves, the better we feel. The better we feel, the healthier we become. And the healthier we become, the more control we have over our everyday lives.
Enter today’s topic: food
… see what we did there?
What we eat and how we feel is so deeply intertwined that it has the power to completely change our lives. Different foods contain different nutrient energies, which is why your energy literally feels different when you eat a pint of ice cream versus a giant salad. The most amazing part of this? You, my queen, have the power to control that energy by deciding what goes on your plate, what goes into your body, and ultimately, how you feel about your life.
Yes, it really is possible!
If this interests you, then today’s episode is what you have been waiting for. We’re cutting right to the chase on:
- How to clean up your diet
- Tips & tricks that we’ve used over the years to stay healthy
- The importance of eating whole foods
- And why this concept is so damn important on the quest of living our truth and daring to change
Every day, we have choices. Choose to take care of your body by supporting it nutritionally. When you do, it will have a cascade effect into the rest of your life. Not only may you look better, but you will feel better, and that is the most beautiful gift of them all.
In a world where it feels like we can’t control anything, we’re here to remind you that you are always in charge of how you feel. Take back your health, your power, and your life by listening in now.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Dedicate one day per week to meal planning
- Commit to cooking your meals at home, start small and work your way up
- Processed food experiment: cut out all processed foods (anything from a box, bag, or package) for 2 days. Eat only WHOLE FOODS and note how you feel.
- When grocery shopping, buy the majority of your food on the outer isles
- Swap “crunchies” aka chips and crackers for veggies! Try carrot sticks and hummus
- Swap sugar cravings for fruit. Try an apple with natural almond or peanut butter.
- Try to include 3-4 cups of leafy greens in your diet per day! Try: kale, spinach, chard, romaine, dandelion greens, etc. Eat raw in a salad or lightly steamed with sea salt!
- Limit your alcohol intake – whether you are on a serious detox or just trying to get healthier, cut back on the booze.
- Aim for 64 oz. of water per day. Buy a cute water bottle and refill it as many times as you can!
Some of our food staples:
- Budda bowls (grain, protein, veggies, and greens) with tahini sauce
- Coconut curry
- Fajita or Mexican bowls; veggies sautéed with cumin and chili powder served over grains with avocado, greens, and salsa
- Vegetable soup
- Massive salads: beans, grains, greens, veggies, seeds, and nuts mixed together
What are your favorites?
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 60: Getting Human AF with Peta Kelly This week we sit down with self proclaimed Human AF, Peta Kelly. Peta is an entrepreneur (who started making 7 figures in her mid-20's), a speaker, a humanitarian, an environmentalist, a mother, a writer, and THE voice of...
Episode 59: Three Books You Need to Live Your Truth Welcome to a conversation about our favorite topic: books. And not just books in general, but actually reading, finishing, discussing, and applying books to our lives to help us live our truth and dare to change....
Episode 58: WTF Does Your Live Your Truth Even Mean? Ladies, today we are unpacking what it means to live our truth, to which you might be thinking........ but girls, don't you do this in every podcast conversation? Yes, this is always the foundation for what we share...
Episode 57: Awakening Your Authentic Feminine Power with Lisa Schrader Ladies, you know that feeling. That feeling when you enjoy an amazing meal. That feeling when a yoga class soothes your soul. That feeling when you connect with a friend and she just gets it. That...