Episode 48: Taking Control of Your Diet
Inside each of our Queendom’s (aka our minds) we are the sole rulers and we decide which thoughts and feelings are going to be in charge of our days. It’s simple really… the more love & compassion we give to ourselves, the better we feel. The better we feel, the healthier we become. And the healthier we become, the more control we have over our everyday lives.
Enter today’s topic: food
… see what we did there?
What we eat and how we feel is so deeply intertwined that it has the power to completely change our lives. Different foods contain different nutrient energies, which is why your energy literally feels different when you eat a pint of ice cream versus a giant salad. The most amazing part of this? You, my queen, have the power to control that energy by deciding what goes on your plate, what goes into your body, and ultimately, how you feel about your life.
Yes, it really is possible!
If this interests you, then today’s episode is what you have been waiting for. We’re cutting right to the chase on:
- How to clean up your diet
- Tips & tricks that we’ve used over the years to stay healthy
- The importance of eating whole foods
- And why this concept is so damn important on the quest of living our truth and daring to change
Every day, we have choices. Choose to take care of your body by supporting it nutritionally. When you do, it will have a cascade effect into the rest of your life. Not only may you look better, but you will feel better, and that is the most beautiful gift of them all.
In a world where it feels like we can’t control anything, we’re here to remind you that you are always in charge of how you feel. Take back your health, your power, and your life by listening in now.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Dedicate one day per week to meal planning
- Commit to cooking your meals at home, start small and work your way up
- Processed food experiment: cut out all processed foods (anything from a box, bag, or package) for 2 days. Eat only WHOLE FOODS and note how you feel.
- When grocery shopping, buy the majority of your food on the outer isles
- Swap “crunchies” aka chips and crackers for veggies! Try carrot sticks and hummus
- Swap sugar cravings for fruit. Try an apple with natural almond or peanut butter.
- Try to include 3-4 cups of leafy greens in your diet per day! Try: kale, spinach, chard, romaine, dandelion greens, etc. Eat raw in a salad or lightly steamed with sea salt!
- Limit your alcohol intake – whether you are on a serious detox or just trying to get healthier, cut back on the booze.
- Aim for 64 oz. of water per day. Buy a cute water bottle and refill it as many times as you can!
Some of our food staples:
- Budda bowls (grain, protein, veggies, and greens) with tahini sauce
- Coconut curry
- Fajita or Mexican bowls; veggies sautéed with cumin and chili powder served over grains with avocado, greens, and salsa
- Vegetable soup
- Massive salads: beans, grains, greens, veggies, seeds, and nuts mixed together
What are your favorites?
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 56: Learning to Let Go and Live with Kendall from Arrow Living Truth bomb TAD Tribe, us two ladies are not sport aficionados, actually we couldn't be anything further from that, so when today's guest reached out to us...... we weren't too sure how this...
Episode 55: How to Embrace Fear and Practice Courage with Kate Swoboda Ever interested in how your daily habits become second nature? Or why you practice certain habits on repeat, even though they're not helping you live your truth? In today's podcast conversation, we...
Episode 54: The FINAL Alfie Diaries.... yes, it's True! Carly here to tell you that today's episode is as raw and real as it gets. Life takes us on all kinds of journeys. My most recent journey lead me onto a sailboat, with Allie and our husbands, to the southern end...
Pick up the Pen Girlfriend, Let's Journal We know, we know. We sound like a broken tape recorder..... do this self-care practice, get quiet, take time to reflect, carve out time to take care of you, and yet here we are, dropping another podcast on this same topic....