Episode 50: Spring Equinox: How to Cultivate Balance this Season
Have you been feeling a little restless? Like you know what you should be doing but you aren’t doing it? Or maybe you’re on the cusp of something truly great/inspiring/transformative but you just can’t seem to take the right (or first) steps towards it?
We’re the first ones to tell you that it’s often the lowest moments that lead to the highest peaks. But, this type of living is not conducive to long term happiness. We shouldn’t be striving for the highest of highs and the lowest of lows to help us navigate our circumstances or make hard decisions. Instead, we should look to where our truest power lies: right smack in the middle, the homeland of our inner balance.
Such a catchy word! So bright and shiny! So easy to envy when others have it. So hard to imagine it when we don’t (like maybe right now).
Lucky for us, we have the universe on our side! Welcome to the Spring Equinox, the Earths not-so-subtle way of telling us it’s time bring some freaking balance back into our crazy lives.
During the Spring Equinox, the Earth’s tilt is in perfect balance. This means the sun crosses directly over the Earth’s equator and day and night are equal in length. This equality between light and dark makes it the ideal time to examine the balance (or lack thereof) within our own lives, to get ourselves in check, and to refocus on what matters.
Are you interested yet? We certainly hope so, because today’s episode is everything you need to snap out of it, get your booty out of hibernation, and recommit to taking charge of your life.
Right now, the Universe is actually supporting and encouraging your endeavors to re-evaluate your life. How cool is that? We must not disappoint the Universe… Listen now!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Spring Equinox is an astronomical event caused by the tilt on the Earth’s axis
- Twice a year, the tilt of the Earth is in perfect balance, meaning the sun directly crosses over the Earth’s equator and day and night are equal in length
- This balance between light and dark is the perfect time to examine the balance in our own lives
- De-clutter your life by donating things that you no longer need (hello, old clothes!); re-evaluate the relationships in your life that are not serving you; take an honest inventory of where you spend your time and adjust it to fit what works best for you and YOUR truth.
- Social Media Detox – Podcast Episode
- Take care of your own needs first by choosing one activity per week that honors you and only you
- Refresh your diet by focusing on healing foods like soups, juices, and herbal teas
- Taking Control of Your Diet – Podcast Episode
- Revisit your goals for 2018 – where are you at in accomplishing them? Be forgiving with yourself if you’ve fallen off track, but also… get your booty in gear!
- Join Allie’s seven day yoga challenge to experience a full-body reset – click here!
Create a ‘Basket of Support’
- Get a mason jar or basket and a few strips of paper
- On each piece of paper write down the names of places, people and things that support you and your effort to live your truth and dare to change
- Once a week, pick one of the pieces of paper out of the jar
- Choose to either consciously send gratitude to the person/thing through loving thoughts or meditation; or, actually reach out to the person/thing by calling, texting, or emailing and thanking them for supporting your journey
Detox Soup Recipe (adapted from Pinch of Yum)
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups potatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3/4 cup yellow split peas (or just use more lentils)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8-10 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
Add at the end:
- 2-3 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- a swish of sherry, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice to add a nice tangy bite
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Place about 4 cups of soup in a blender with the olive oil. Pulse gently until semi-smooth and creamy-looking (the oil will form a creamy emulsion with the soup). Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the kale and parsley. Turn the heat off and just let everything chill out for a bit before serving.
- Season to taste (add the sherry, vinegar, and/or lemon juice at this point).
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 58: WTF Does Your Live Your Truth Even Mean? Ladies, today we are unpacking what it means to live our truth, to which you might be thinking........ but girls, don't you do this in every podcast conversation? Yes, this is always the foundation for what we share...
Episode 57: Awakening Your Authentic Feminine Power with Lisa Schrader Ladies, you know that feeling. That feeling when you enjoy an amazing meal. That feeling when a yoga class soothes your soul. That feeling when you connect with a friend and she just gets it. That...
Episode 56: Learning to Let Go and Live with Kendall from Arrow Living Truth bomb TAD Tribe, us two ladies are not sport aficionados, actually we couldn't be anything further from that, so when today's guest reached out to us...... we weren't too sure how this...
Episode 55: How to Embrace Fear and Practice Courage with Kate Swoboda Ever interested in how your daily habits become second nature? Or why you practice certain habits on repeat, even though they're not helping you live your truth? In today's podcast conversation, we...