Episode 51: The Alfie Diaries: Sinking, Plunging, and Smooth Sailing
Welcome to the Alfie Diaries part 2, coming to you live from the island of Grenada. This past month has been filled with joy, laughter, fear, and frustration and there’s no better way to cue you in than by bearing our souls on the mic.
When you travel anywhere outside of your comfort zone, you are faced with experiences that break you and then make you. Do you know what we mean? The moments where you feel entirely frustrated/overwhelmed/confused are almost always followed up by feelings of strength/self-perseverance/personal growth.
That’s exactly what’s happening on the boat.
In today’s episode, we’re diving deep (pun intended) into the challenges we’ve faced over the last few weeks and how they’ve helped us change for the better. You can expect ramblings about…
- Almost sinking the Alfie. Seriously.
- Plunging our laundry… yes, with a plunger.
- Sailing over 30 hours straight. Sleep who?
- Eating a mysterious local lettuce that tasted like poison.
- Living life as two married couples on one boat. #sisterwives anyone?
- And general banter about life at sea from two newbies
We promise to always keep you posted on what’s happening in our lives, the good, the bad, and the smelly (more on that in today’s episode). Listen NOW!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- It’s hard to differentiate between challenges and wins, because both are so intertwined and important on our journey of living our truth and daring to change.
- Living on the sailboat keeps proving to us how much we have grown, and how far we have yet to go.
- Almost sinking sailboats is very scary
- We share a common thread of GOODNESS as humans that trumps cultural barriers and differences
- Yes, you can do your laundry with a plunger
- Showering is still over rated
- Sailing at night is still scary
- Honoring each other has friends means honoring our space, our differences, and our similarities
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 54: The FINAL Alfie Diaries.... yes, it's True! Carly here to tell you that today's episode is as raw and real as it gets. Life takes us on all kinds of journeys. My most recent journey lead me onto a sailboat, with Allie and our husbands, to the southern end...
Pick up the Pen Girlfriend, Let's Journal We know, we know. We sound like a broken tape recorder..... do this self-care practice, get quiet, take time to reflect, carve out time to take care of you, and yet here we are, dropping another podcast on this same topic....
Episode 52: Meditation 101: Get Zen With Us Become mindful is a huge part of this whole living your truth and daring to change thing. But what does that really mean? We define mindfulness as conscious living aka bringing our awareness to the present moment as often as...
Episode 50: Spring Equinox: How to Cultivate Balance this Season Have you been feeling a little restless? Like you know what you should be doing but you aren't doing it? Or maybe you're on the cusp of something truly great/inspiring/transformative but you just can't...
Try some other hashtag or username