Episode 51: The Alfie Diaries: Sinking, Plunging, and Smooth Sailing
Welcome to the Alfie Diaries part 2, coming to you live from the island of Grenada. This past month has been filled with joy, laughter, fear, and frustration and there’s no better way to cue you in than by bearing our souls on the mic.
When you travel anywhere outside of your comfort zone, you are faced with experiences that break you and then make you. Do you know what we mean? The moments where you feel entirely frustrated/overwhelmed/confused are almost always followed up by feelings of strength/self-perseverance/personal growth.
That’s exactly what’s happening on the boat.
In today’s episode, we’re diving deep (pun intended) into the challenges we’ve faced over the last few weeks and how they’ve helped us change for the better. You can expect ramblings about…
- Almost sinking the Alfie. Seriously.
- Plunging our laundry… yes, with a plunger.
- Sailing over 30 hours straight. Sleep who?
- Eating a mysterious local lettuce that tasted like poison.
- Living life as two married couples on one boat. #sisterwives anyone?
- And general banter about life at sea from two newbies
We promise to always keep you posted on what’s happening in our lives, the good, the bad, and the smelly (more on that in today’s episode). Listen NOW!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- It’s hard to differentiate between challenges and wins, because both are so intertwined and important on our journey of living our truth and daring to change.
- Living on the sailboat keeps proving to us how much we have grown, and how far we have yet to go.
- Almost sinking sailboats is very scary
- We share a common thread of GOODNESS as humans that trumps cultural barriers and differences
- Yes, you can do your laundry with a plunger
- Showering is still over rated
- Sailing at night is still scary
- Honoring each other has friends means honoring our space, our differences, and our similarities
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 63: How Speaking into the Mic has Changed Us Say hello to our podcast anniversary episode, one that we intended to do once we hit the "one year podcasting mark", but somehow lost track of time. That's what happens when you are living your truth! Even though we...
Episode 62: Health Hacking with Medical Intuitive Rachel Reimer Have you ever had a pesky health condition pop up that you can't seem to find answers for? You visit the doctor, do all the "right" things, and still.... no relief. Are you nodding your head agreeing? So...
Episode 61: Group Therapy with Alyssa Kuzins This week, we're chatting with our dear friend and entrepreneur boss babe, Alyssa Kuzins of the Journal Deck. But, this episode is very different than our usual interviews. In fact, we don't even want to call it an...
Episode 60: Getting Human AF with Peta Kelly This week we sit down with self proclaimed Human AF, Peta Kelly. Peta is an entrepreneur (who started making 7 figures in her mid-20's), a speaker, a humanitarian, an environmentalist, a mother, a writer, and THE voice of...