Episode 57: Awakening Your Authentic Feminine Power with Lisa Schrader
Ladies, you know that feeling.
That feeling when you enjoy an amazing meal. That feeling when a yoga class soothes your soul. That feeling when you connect with a friend and she just gets it. That feeling when you have great sex and all your needs are met.
Well let us forewarn you, that’s the kinda feeling you’re going to experience when you tune into today’s podcast.
TAD tribe, meet our feminine awakening fairy godmother, Lisa Schrader.
Lisa is the founder of Awakening Shakti, and has impacted the lives of thousands of women (for over two decades) as a workshop leader, author, speaker, and certified coach. Her work has been featured on Oprah, VHI, Oxygen, and she sits on the Shift Network faculty as the leader of the global Shakti Summit.
As you can see, our fairy godmother has some credentials.
But more importantly, Lisa emanates a woman who has awakened her feminine power and lucky for us, she’s here to teach us how to do that too.
In today’s episode, we share many vulnerable conversations with Lisa that center on the struggle of being a modern day woman in a culture that’s dominated by masculine behavior. We dive into what awakening Shakti even is (and how to start awakening it), why women have forgotten their inherent feminine nature and how to remember it, why it’s important to tune into your natural rhythm based on your life cycle moment, and the complexities behind having an intimate, sensual, fulfilling, and sacred sexual partnership.
Yes ladies, we cover all of this.
Even how to create the container for sacred sensual sex through small acts like lighting candles, skin to skin practices, and sharing openly and honestly with your partner before “sex” even begins.
If you’re not feeling a heart flutter yet over today’s dare to change episode, we leave you with this quote from Lisa as a final loving nudge to hit that play button and come listen in.
“You are of the Earth, you are a spark of divine Shakti energy, the energy of masculine and feminine that occurred in the moment of your conception is what made you and what is still alive in you, and the answers are inside, you can get support from people you trust to help you listen, but those answers live inside of you. You do know. It’s less about achieving and more about remembering.”
Lisa Schrader, the Founder of Awakening Shakti, has impacted the lives of thousands of women for almost two decades as a workshop leader, author, speaker and coach. Her work has been featured on Oprah, Oxygen and VH1. She is on the faculty of The Shift Network where she has hosted the global Shakti Summit on “Sensuality, Sex and the Sacred.” She is the author of “Kama Sutra 52: A Year’s Worth of the Best Positions for Passion and Pleasure” from Quiver Books. She also has a private practice supporting clients worldwide and is recognized as a Professional Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation. She lives a life rich with deep relationships, connection to nature and abundant joy in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California. For more information, visit her at www.awakeningshakti.com.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- “What is my relationship to the feminine, what does that mean to me, what are my models for that?” – Lisa
- “What does it look like to stop trying to make things happen, be more present, relax more, soften more, and instead: receive.” – Lisa
- “Let’s rest in the problem for a minute. We are living in a time where women are statistically twice as stressed out as men, our cortisol levels as modern day women are off the charts, we are dealing with adrenal failure, exhaustion, depressed immune systems, increased heart disease, crazy high levels of depression (compared to men). Our feminine bodies were never designed to live in the culture of relentless pursuit of productivity and doing.” – Lisa
- “We can so easily slip into shaming ourselves, even while trying to love ourselves, for not being more this or that – it’s insane.” – Lisa
- “Part of the Tantric path, we embrace all, we reject nothing. Here is this paradox: we want to give, we want to harness our energy and vitality, to be entrepreneurs, to make the difference, but it’s not about doing it solely from the masculine place. When we marry feminine to those desires we start to tap into real AUTHENTIC ENERGY.” – Lisa
- “If you’re still bleeding, when you’re in that ovulatory moment, you’re extroverted, you’re wanting to connect, and be creative. This is a natural time to do the hustle and make connections. If you’re bleeding, you want to go inward, you are caring for yourself, you are more connected with your spiritual practice, what makes sense for the next month of my life, what are you shedding, what patterns are no longer working for you.” – Lisa
- “We don’t need more women dicks in the world.” – Lisa
- “Awakening Shakti is three intersecting circles: the body, the heart, and our spiritual practice.” – Lisa
- “Our body is our root system, it’s the part of us that’s one with the Earth.” – Lisa
- “You are of the Earth, you are a spark of divine Shakti energy, the energy of masculine and feminine that occurred in the moment of your conception is what made you and what is still alive in you, and the answers are inside, and you can get support from people you trust in the world to help you listen, but those answers live inside of you. You do know. It’s less about achieving and more about remembering.” – Lisa
Connect With Us (#TAD):
Episode 58: WTF Does Your Live Your Truth Even Mean? Ladies, today we are unpacking what it means to live our truth, to which you might be thinking........ but girls, don't you do this in every podcast conversation? Yes, this is always the foundation for what we share...
Episode 56: Learning to Let Go and Live with Kendall from Arrow Living Truth bomb TAD Tribe, us two ladies are not sport aficionados, actually we couldn't be anything further from that, so when today's guest reached out to us...... we weren't too sure how this...
Episode 55: How to Embrace Fear and Practice Courage with Kate Swoboda Ever interested in how your daily habits become second nature? Or why you practice certain habits on repeat, even though they're not helping you live your truth? In today's podcast conversation, we...
Episode 54: The FINAL Alfie Diaries.... yes, it's True! Carly here to tell you that today's episode is as raw and real as it gets. Life takes us on all kinds of journeys. My most recent journey lead me onto a sailboat, with Allie and our husbands, to the southern end...